These days, more and more people are opting for aluminium windows. These windows offer a multitude of benefits such as high durability, low maintenance requirements, fewer costs, and greater aesthetic appeal.
If you’re unsure about what aluminium windows are, or what your design options are, read on.
What Are Aluminium Windows?
As the name implies, aluminium windows are windows that have a frame made of aluminium. They are completely weather-sealed, which minimises dust, draughts, and water intrusions.
Aluminium windows are commonly used in homes and offices. They are used frequently in architecturally designed buildings as they give both the interior and exterior a sleek and modern feel.
Types of Aluminium Windows
There are several different types of aluminium windows. These include:
- Aluminium Bi-Fold Windows: Opens to one side, providing an undisturbed space between frames.
- Aluminium Tilt-Turn Window: Opens on an angle from the top or side of the window .
- Aluminium Sliding Window: Opens by sliding from one side to the other. Most common type of aluminium window.
- Aluminium Casement Window: Hinged on the side and opens outwards.
Aluminium Window Features
Some of the main features of aluminium windows include:
- Ability to retain their colour and not rust
- Availability of various sizes and styles
- Silent, smooth sliding movement
- Availability of a wide range of colours.
If you want more information on aluminium windows or are considering installing them in your building, get in contact with the Magic Glass team. We will be able to answer any questions you may have and point you in the right direction when it comes to installation.