Construction projects can generate a significant amount of debris, including materials such as wood, metal, concrete, and drywall. This debris can pose a safety hazard for workers and the general public, as well as a potential liability for the construction company.
Debris netting is a versatile solution for containing and managing construction debris, and it has a number of benefits.
Read on for Magic Glass’ guide to debris netting in the construction industry.
What is Debris Netting?
Debris netting is a type of netting made from durable, high-strength materials, such as polypropylene or polyethylene. It is typically used to contain and manage debris during construction, demolition, or renovation projects. Debris netting is available in a range of sizes and colours, and it can be custom-cut to fit the specific needs of a project.
Benefits of Debris Netting
There are several benefits to using debris netting on construction sites:
- Safety: Debris netting can help prevent accidents and injuries by containing debris and preventing it from falling or blowing onto workers or the general public.
- Liability reduction: Debris netting can help reduce the liability of construction companies by preventing debris from escaping the construction site and causing damage or injuries to nearby properties or individuals.
- Visual appeal: Debris netting is available in a range of colours, and it can be used to cover unsightly areas or construction equipment. This can improve the visual appeal of the site, particularly if it is located in a highly visible area.
- Cost-effective: Debris netting is a cost-effective solution for managing construction debris, as it requires minimal installation and maintenance. It is also reusable, which can further reduce costs.
- Damage prevention: Debris netting catches falling debris, preventing it from falling onto other parts of the building and causing damage.
Debris netting is a versatile and cost-effective solution for containing and managing construction debris. It can help improve safety, reduce liability, prevent damage, and improve the visual appeal of a construction site. It can, however, be challenging to install, especially at heights.
Fortunately, Magic Glass is here to help! Our dedicated Rope Access Division is highly experienced at installing, inspecting, and maintaining debris netting-regardless of the size or height of the building.
For more information, or to get a free quote, call Magic Glass today!