Rope access is a method used to reach high or difficult-to-access areas via a rope and harness system. It is commonly used to conduct a variety of work including glazing, cleaning, installation, restoration, repair, waterproofing, and painting.
What are the Benefits of Rope Access?
Rope access is the access method of choice for many building owners, property managers, strata managers, and facility managers. This is because it presents many benefits over alternative methods of access. Some of these benefits include:
- Efficiency: Rope access equipment can be assembled and disassembled very quickly. This reduces time requirements, allowing for a more efficient service.
- Safety: Rope Access Technicians must undergo extensive training in order to conduct rope access work.
- Versatility: Rope access allows workers to access areas that would not be accessible using other methods. It does not restrict mobility and can be used in an abundance of areas ranging from confined spaces to large-scale high-rise buildings.
- Environmentally Friendly: As rope access does not require the transportation of large, heavy equipment through the supply chain and on-site, it releases much fewer emissions than alternative access methods.
- Minimises Disruption: Compared to alternative height access methods, such as scaffolding, rope access has minimal disruption on a building and the building’s occupants.
If you require any work for your high-rise building or other hard-to-access structure, get in touch with Magic Glass. Our certified Rope Access Division offers a variety of services for both commercial and residential clients. These services include:
- External window and facade cleaning
- Height safety installation
- Make safe services
- Facade inspection and reporting
- Facade remedial repair
- Safety and debris netting
- Bird proofing and pest control
- Rust removal
- Facade painting and waterproofing
- Signage installation and removal
Contact Magic Glass for more information.