There are, however, many regulations that your pool fence must comply with in order to ensure absolute safety.
Glass Pool Fencing Regulations
When it comes to your glass fencing specifically, you must ensure your fence satisfies the following requirements.
- Must be at least 1200 mm tall all the way around (measured from the outside of the pool). If a boundary fence forms part of the pool fencing, it must be at least 1800 mm tall.
- The gap between the bottom of the fence and the ground cannot be larger than 100 mm.
- Vertical rails on the pool fence and gate cannot be more than 100 mm apart.
- If using mesh pool fencing, holes in the fence cannot have a diameter larger than 13 mm.
- The pool fence should be well-maintained and in functional order.
- Pool fencing cannot be climbable. Any potential handholds or footholds cannot be within 900 mm of the top of the fence in any direction.
Glass Pool Gate Regulations
The following regulations regarding pool gates must also be satisfied.
- All pool gates must be self-closing and able to latch by themselves.
- Pool gate latches must be in good condition and working order.
- The gate must open outwards, away from the pool.
- For a frameless glass pool fence, the latch must be opened from the other side (poolside of the gate).
- The gap between the glass gate and anything else must be less than 10 mm.
If you’re wanting to install glass fencing around your pool, contact Magic Glass today. We can manufacture and install custom glass fencing to suit your safety and aesthetic requirements.